|Downloads: 2404||Submitted: Mar 16 2009|
Updated: Jun 19 2012
QuantumStyle is an SVG themable style for Qt 4 and KDE.
Themes are designed in SVG files (e.g. in Inkscape).
It can use :
* a per application theme (in ~/.config/QuantumStyle/appName/appName.svg). Application name is guessed from QApplication::applicationName().
* a user set theme (in ~/.config/QuantumStyle/yourTheme/yourTheme.svg)
* a default theme (embedded into the style)
When drawing a widget, the style first looks for application specific one, then falls back into user set theme, then falls back to default theme.
1. qmake && make
2. copy (or symlink) libquantumstyle.so to (from) your Qt4 styles plugin directory (/usr/lib/qt4/plugins/styles/ for me)
3. Copy (or symlink) inkscape/*.inx and inkscape/*.py to (from) your inkscape extensions directory (/usr/share/inkscape/extentions for me)
MAKE YOUR OWN THEME
Read the documentation in the doc/ directory
Use themeconfig/default.svg as an example
The style should appear on kde style settings dialog and qtconfig. You may run kbuildsycoca4 if not.
* some missing widgets
* No config dialog in KDE
* Drawing glitches for scrollbars when using transparency (Qt Bug ?)
* No RTL support
* NEW default theme thanks to Richard Kung under CC-by-nc-sa license
* NEW animated busy progress bars
* FIXED empty combo box size calculation
* FIXED disabled editable combo box
* FIXED missing down arrow on some buttons with drop down menus
* FIXED draw separator on widgets grouped in capsules (helps separate drop down buttons from combos/buttons)
* FIXED capsule frame drawing
* FIXED icon not displayed in editable combo boxes
* FIXED arrow orientation in header sections
* FIXED slider groove drawing
* NEW default theme
* NEW QuantumStyle now supports ANIMATIONS ! see the style/default.svg SVG for an example
* NEW config elements can inherit their settings from other elements, thus drastically reducing the size of the theme config file
* NEW completely reworked theme builder
* NEW theme previewer. Run with './qsthemeviewer -style QuantumStyle'
* IMPROVED inkscape extensions : they are now 100% reliable
* NEW Inkscape integration : wrote extensions to ease the work of theme designers :
- Extension to generate frames
- Extension to generate interiors
- Extension to generate handled statuses from a normal status interior
- Extension to generate handled statuses from a normal status frame
- Extention to copy a whole frame set into another and change the basename
- Extention to copy a whole interior set into another and change its basename
* NEW documentation available for making themes
* FIXED combo box size calculation
* FIXED combo boxes have their own settings instead of mimicking push button ones
* NEW primary support for MDI windows
* FIXED double /home/user path when XDG_CONFIG_HOME is found resulting in /home/user/home/user/.config
* FIXED themebuilder not correctly saving/restoring fixed/minimum width/height
* improved header support in listviews
* Various improvements. Minor changes to the default theme
* FIXED toolbuttons with drop down menus are now displayed correctly
* Various improvements
* NEW beautiful default theme
* NEW theme debug mode. Compile QuantumStyle with __DEBUG__ define (see screenshot 2).
* Various improvements in drawing labels (menus, checkboxes, ...) with icons
* Changed in the theme config files PE_IndicatorCheckBox to PE_CheckBox and PE_IndicatorRadio to PE_Radio
* No more crashes (I hope so).
* Menus now have their icons displayed
* Fixed some settings in the themebuilder not being saved/loaded properly
* Code cleanup
* Announcing the Quantum Style Theme Builder that lets you build config files for your themes
* Icons are now displayed in widgets that support them
* Moved config files from ~/.QuantumStyle to ~/$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/QuantumStyle or ~/.config/QuantumStyle if the env variable is not found
* Some widgets can now have constrained or minimum size
* NOTE for users that started making themes : all .svgelement in the config files have been renamed to .element in order to someday support PNGs.
* Code cleanup
* Added theme config files (see default.qsconfig in source directory for an example)
* Now default theme is embedded into the library using Qt resource builder. No need to copy it into your home directory.
* ALL managed elements can have a FRAME, an INTERIOR, INTERIOR MARGINS, TEXT SHADOW.
* Some widgets can be shown in CAPSULES when they are in the same layout.